WEB: DAN O'BANNON'S GRAPHICS

.

While I was updating my research on Dan O'Bannon for my Alien @ 30 articles, I stumbled across an interesting little piece which connects my pieces about Alien and the link posted below about George Lucas.

The article is about the computer monitors and displays in Star Wars, all primitive by modern standards, but quite visionary at the time and all the work of a jobbing animator who was between movie scripts: one Dan O'Bannon.

The article is just one of many thoughtful and well-researched pieces you find on the very excellent webzine Den of Geek.  Don't let the name put you off ... it is far from the amateurish rumour-mill you might expect ... Indeed, I don't think there are many more well-written and deeply-considered science fiction websites out there.

So go and have a look ... then hurry back.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment